Our practice is temporarily closed as we unite against COVID-19.
These are unprecedented and difficult times and we hope that you are keeping safe and well within your bubbles. Our number one priority is your health and safety, as well as that of our team. As soon as the current restrictions are lifted we will be in touch to rebook any existing appointments. We appreciate your support throughout this extraordinary time.
Undoubtedly, given the restriction of person-person contact we are all now experiencing, you may have some questions about how COVID-19 may affect your periodontal treatment. We have put together some FAQs for you to refer to. Please be assured that we continue to be dedicated to provide the best care with your health and safety our top priority.
What happens if I have a tooth ache/ abscess during the shutdown period.
Please contact us to discuss via email@example.com – this email will be checked daily. Your situation will be assessed on a case-by-case basis we will follow all guidelines from the MoH and DCNZ as to whether we can/ need to see you under the current alert level.
What should I do if I am half way through treatment?
For those who are part-way through periodontal treatment:
- This is a chronic condition and while treatment is needed, we can delay for a period.
For those who are undergoing implant treatment:
- Most short term delays during implant treatment will have little consequence.
- If we have placed an implant for you and you are waiting for bone healing before having it restored, there is very little (if any) effect. We will reschedule your review appointment.
For those who are in maintenance care (seeing our hygienists):
- We will contact you and reschedule.
I am a new patient and I have not been seen yet:
If you have concerns regarding your need for treatment, we can contact your dentist and assess your records. We will then discuss whether we need to see you.
- In some cases, there may be a need for us to provide emergency care if you have pain or infection. Please contact us on (09) 529 7949 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns, we are available to talk to you and assess whether we need to see you. We will monitor the situation, waiting for clearance from the MoH and DCNZ, as to when we can resume normal services.
We appreciate these delays may be frustrating and appreciate your patience. Hopefully life will return to normal reasonably quickly, the better we are with managing self-isolation and preventive measures, the quicker this will happen.
We are available by email to answer specific questions or queries and would love to hear from you:
Dr Nicholas Cole – Nick.email@example.com
Dr James Dawson – James@periodontics.co.nz
Dr Poppy Horne – Poppy@periodontics.co.nz